My identity

Change of address, personal details, obtain a photo card, get your photo taken. Proof of identity requirements.

More in this section:

Show all

 Identity security

What to do if your driver’s licence or learner’s permit has been compromised in a data breach.

 Change my address

It is a legal requirement to notify Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) within 21 days of changing your address. If you have changed your address you will need to complete a form or let us know in writing.

 Change my gender

If you wish to change your gender or sex, you must provide approved proof of identity documents to support the change to the Driver and Vehicle Services database.

 Change my name

If you have changed your name, you will need to complete the Change of personal details form.

 Get my photo taken

Find out where to get your photograph and signature recorded for your Western Australian driver's licence, and what you need to bring. If you are unable to get your picture taken, you may submit a photo kit.

 WA Photo Card

A WA Photo Card provides anyone aged 16 years or over with a recognised form of personal identity, primarily for use in accessing licensed premises in WA. Find out how to obtain a WA Photo Card, or order a replacement.

 Proof of identity

Find out how to prove your identity to complete a transaction, such as applying for a driver’s licence.
Page last updated: Mon Sep 18 2023 12:38:31 PM