Boat registration

Find out about buying and selling recreational boats, registering a boat, and what the BoatCode, Hull Identification Number and Australian Builders Plate are.

  Pay online

You can pay for the following online:

  • Boat registration
  • Jetty, mooring or pen licences
  • Fishing licence

Pay without a DoTDirect account

Don't have a DoTDirect online account? If your renewal account is current, you can still pay online by credit card using our online payment facility.

You must have your account number to use this option. Please contact 13 11 56 if you have misplaced or lost your account number.

Pay your account (online)

DoTDirect account log-in

View your boat registration details along with your vehicle and driver's licence information in the one convenient location from a single login with DoTDirect.

You are now able to view your boat details, pay your annual boat registration renewals and transfer the vessels registration from one owner to the next through your DoTDirect online account.

Register for your online account Login to your online account

More in this section:

Show all

 Australian Builders Plate

Find out about the Australian Builders Plate (ABP), including which vessels need one and which do not, and the responsibilities of boat builders.

 BoatCode and HIN

BoatCode provides a means to positively identify a boat using its Hull Identification Number (HIN).

 Recreational boat registration

Find out what boats need to be registered in Western Australia, and how to register a new boat or transfer ownership.

 Transfer by court order or deceased estate (vessels)

You may be required to apply to the Supreme Court to obtain a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration. When granted, the applicable reference number must be provided prior to the transfer of a vessel.

Image of man using tablet to pay boat registration

Page last updated: Wed Jan 5 2022 11:26:28 AM