Change details/replace card (RST)

Find out how to replace your Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) in Western Australia, or change your details.

  Application to change details or replace RST card

You should notify the Department of Transport within 21 days if:

  • Your details have changed, such as a change of name.
  • Your card has been lost, damaged or stolen.

Please submit completed form/s, along with your RST Number (required) and copies of any supporting documents (e.g. statutory declaration or marriage certificate), to:

Street address Postal address Telephone Fax Email

  Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) fees

You will need to pay for the assessment and for optional training, which are paid directly to the authorised RST training provider. The Department of Transport does not regulate these fees, and you are encouraged to shop around for the best deal.

You can take the assessment as many times as you need to pass, but you may be required to pay a fee for each attempt.


The RST is valid for your lifetime, and there are no recurring or renewal fees or charges. However, a fee is payable for the re-issue of a lost/destroyed RST card.

Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) fees

Fee type Fee
Recording fee (new) Recreational Skippers Ticket application $31.00
Replacement of Recreational Skippers Ticket card $23.80

Image of Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour

Page last updated: Wed Jul 6 2022 5:51:22 PM