METRONET project overview
METRONET is the long-term blueprint to connect our suburbs, reduce road congestion and meet Perth's future planning needs. The job-creating project will see transport investment as a vehicle for positive land-use planning.
METRONET will ensure that consideration of land-use outcomes is embedded in the design of new infrastructure to lay the groundwork for vibrant new communities.
The Department of Transport is working closely with the METRONET Office on a number of influential projects.
The first stage of METRONET includes:
- Completing the Forrestfield-Airport Link.
- Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep.
- Extending the Thornlie Line to Cockburn Central.
- Planning and building the new Morley-Ellenbrook Line.
- Extending the Armadale Line to Byford.
- Relocating Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue.
- Building a new station at Karnup on the Mandurah Line.
- Removing level crossings on the Armadale, Midland and Fremantle lines.
- Planning for an inner-suburb light rail system, improving bus services and circle routes and creating better synergies between cycling infrastructure and public transport.
For more information about METRONET projects or to sign up for project updates visit the METRONET website: