Change my gender

If you wish to change your gender or sex, you must provide approved proof of identity documents to support the change to the Driver and Vehicle Services database.

  Change my gender

The Department of Transport records your gender information however; your gender is not displayed on your driver's licence, learner's permit or your WA Photo Card.

You can change your gender to one of the following:

  • M - Male.
  • F - Female.
  • X - If you do not identify as either male or female.

Find out what documents you need to establish or change your gender information.

In order to change your gender information, you will need to attend a DVS Centre or agency in person and present the following documents:

  • A completed Change of personal details (Form C4); and
  • Your proof of identification; either
    • One category B document only; OR
    • One category A document and one category C document.


  • Any one of the following:
    • A statement from a Registered Medical Practitioner or Registered Psychologist, certifying that you have been their client; or
    • A valid Australian Government travel document, such as a valid Passport, which specifies your preferred gender; or
    • An amended State or Territory Births Deaths and Marriages birth certificate, which specifies your preferred gender.
    • A State or Territory Gender Recognition Certificate, or recognised details certificate showing that a State or Territory Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages has accepted your change in sex.

For more information, please refer to the Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender.

Opens in a new window Attorney-General's Department: Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender
Opens in a new window Gender Reassignment Board

Replacement card or document fees

There is no fee payable to change your name, organisation name, address or gender.

However, you will need to pay a fee if you request a replacement driver's licence card, WA photo card, vehicle licence document, or learner’s permit card.

Replacement card and document fees

Fee type Fee
WA photo card
Replacement WA Photo Card $32.20
Replacement WA Photo Card: Pensioner or Senior concession $16.10
Application or replacement or additional WA Photo Card: Aged Pensioner No fee
Driver’s licence card
Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card $32.20
Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card (Pensioners and Seniors) $16.10
Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card (Aged Pensioners) No fee
Learner's permit
Learner's permit card replacement $32.20
Vehicle licence
Duplicate or certified copy of vehicle licence document $6.90
Recreational Skipper's Ticket
Replacement of Recreational Skippers Ticket card $24.60
Page last updated: Thu Feb 1 2024 10:02:57 AM