Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme (RBFS) grants
Find out about grants to plan, construct and upgrade public recreational boating facilities in WA.
The Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme (RBFS) provides grants to state, local and other government authorities to plan, construct and upgrade public boating infrastructure to benefit the WA boating community.
The RBFS aims to:
- improve recreational boating access to navigable waters
- enhance the safety of recreational boating infrastructure
- reduce the environmental impact of recreational boating facilities
- deliver new and improved recreational boating infrastructure
- ensure consultation with recreational boating organisations.
The Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme (RBFS) offers one round of funding each year.
Applications usually open in June and close in September.
Grant applicants may request up to 75% of a project's estimated cost with the maximum grant set at $750,000 (excluding GST).
Successful projects may only receive partial funding if there are more proposals than funds available.
The Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme (RBFS) is primarily funded by boat registration fees.
The Department of Transport also offers Coastal Adaptation and Protection (CAP) grants for projects that identify and manage coastal hazards.