Next phase of Jetty Road upgrade to generate local job opportunities
News for the Department of Transport
The Department of Transport (DoT) has called for tenders for Phase 2 of the Jetty Road causeway upgrade at Casuarina Boat Harbour.
DoT Director Project Delivery Cameron Smith said essential improvements to the structure of the causeway were recently completed as part of the $2.5 million Phase 1 works contract awarded in September last year with approximately 31,000 tonnes of rock added to the structure to improve protection during storm events.
“Phase 2 work is expected to begin mid-year and will see reconstruction of Jetty Road, improved parking with 164 bays, introduction of shared paths and landscaping, the construction of a multi-purpose building and public toilets and improvements to utility services in the area. Phase 2 works will take approximately 12 months with expected completion around mid-2020,” Mr Smith said.
The second phase of works will account for most of the funding allocated to the $10.8 million project.
DoT is working closely with the South West Development Commission, LandCorp, the City of Bunbury and other partners delivering the Transforming Bunbury Waterfront (TBW) initiative and actively engages with harbour users, residents, business owners and the wider community to limit disruption as the work progresses.
“This phase of the Jetty Road causeway upgrade will ensure essential infrastructure is delivered for the benefit of harbour users and the broader community,” Mr Smith said.
“It also presents a significant opportunity to local contractors and the significant investment of funds in Phase 2 will be an important stimulus for the local economy.”
Local contractors are being urged to get involved in the tender process for Phase 2 and a tenderer briefing session is planned for Wednesday April 17, 2019. To register email Daniel.email@example.com
For more information, visit our website.
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org