Road Freight Transport Industry Council
Information about the Road Freight Transport Industry Council and how its members can be contacted.
The State Government re-established the Road Freight Transport Industry Council in 2018, to provide advice to the Minister for Transport in relation to the promotion of a safe and sustainable road freight transport industry in Western Australia.
Current Council membership:
- The Department of Transport (Chair Person).
- Transport Workers Union WA.
- Western Roads Federation.
The Council members represent owner-drivers, hirers, the community and government.
The role of the Council includes:
- Assisting in the development and review of the Code of Conduct.
- Preparing and regularly reviewing the Guideline Rates.
- Developing and promoting model owner-driver contracts.
- Promoting and encouraging compliance with the Code of Conduct and Guideline Rates, and
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Minister about owner-driver contracts and the business practices generally in use by hirers and owner-drivers.
|Service Type||Suburb||Business Name||Phone number||Phone number (secondary)||Fax||Pre-booking required||Business Hours||Street address||Postal address||Business Type||Vehicle type||Comments|
|Freight contact||Commercial Goods Vehicle Licences (Freight Ports)||1300 669 995||(08) 6551 6625||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||firstname.lastname@example.org||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport|
|Freight contact||Owner-Drivers (Freight Ports)||(08) 6551 6000||(08) 6551 6001||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||email@example.com||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport|
|Freight contact||Road Freight Transport Industry Council (Freight Ports)||(08) 6551 6000||(08) 6551 6001||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||WA||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6000||Department of Transport|