Remake damaged or faded state, district or seasonal plates
Find out how to replace your damaged or faded State, District or Seasonal plates. Only the vehicle licence holder may have the plates replaced or remade.
The following licence plates may be remade if they are damaged or faded:
- State licence plates.
- District licence plates.
- Seasonal licence plates.
Lost or stolen State, District or Seasonal licence plates cannot be remade.
- Only the vehicle licence holder may complete the statutory declaration.
- There is a fee involved.
- You cannot repaint damaged faded or scratched number plates. The plates must be returned, and replacement plates purchased from a DVS centre or regional DoT office or agent.
- Plates and stickers made to resemble official number plates are not permitted.
Please make cheques payable to Department of Transport.
Remake fees are provided in the document below.
You can also complete the application at a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional Agent. EFTPOS, Visa or Mastercard payments are accepted at Driver and Vehicle Services Centres and participating regional Agents.
Lost or stolen state, district or seasonal plates cannot be remade. Please refer to our web page on lost/stolen plates to find out how to get your plates replaced.
Complete the application form below and post it with cheque or money order payment to:
|Street address||Postal address||Telephone||Fax|
|Department of Transport
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844
|Application for plate remake/transfer (Form E45)||Kb|
Other plate fees
|Remake all other plates fees|
|Remake Acrylic Optional Plates||$264.20|
|Remake converted District Optional plates||$130.50|
|Remake Aluminium Optional plates||$130.50|
|Remake Personalised plates (black on blue - old style)||$80.50|
|Remake Retro series plates||$130.50|
|Plate retention and re-issue fees|
|Personalised and special licence plates series re-issue fee||$18.90|
|Plate transfer fees|
|Transfer one-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$11,665.70|
|Transfer two-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$2,334.20|
|Transfer three-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$1,161.50|
|Transfer beneficiary / family law licence plates||$23.50|
|Transfer Name series licence plates||$582.40|
|Transfer other licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$231.80|
|Transfer Personalised series licence plates cannot be transferred||Not available|
|Transfer of special plates||$101.10|
|Transfer unique licence plates (Great Plate Auction Classic: vehicle makes)||$2,334.20|
You will receive written notification in the post advising you that your plates are ready for collection from the Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent you nominated on your application form.
You must take the following with you to the Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent when you collect your plates;
- Your damaged set of plates. Please note that lost or stolen state, district or seasonal plates can not be reissued (even if they have been remade).
- Please refer to lost/stolen plates to find out how to get your lost or stolen plates replaced.
- A form of primary identification. See fact sheet below for acceptable forms of identification.
Please note that it takes 3 to 4 weeks to have your number plates remade.
Collection of your new plates by a third party
A person other than yourself as the plate or vehicle owner may collect and/or exchange optional and ordinary number plates on your behalf provided the plates are not damaged or lost, subject to the following conditions:
- A form of primary identification must be presented by person attending to collect/exchange the plates. See Proof of Identity for other Driver and Vehicle Services transactions below.
- If the plates being collected or exchanged are optional plates, the Certificate of Right to Display and Trade must match the vehicle owner's name or a Nomination of Right to Display form is to be completed by the holder of the Certificate of Right to Display and Trade.
- The vehicle must be currently licensed or within the renewal period, for example: 3 months prior to or following the expiry date.
- The existing number plates recorded as being on the vehicle must be surrendered/retained at a Driver and Vehicle Services centre or agent.
- If the plates being collected are Europlates, note that these plates are manufactured without pre-drilled fitment holes. If you have the Europlates fitted by an outside service provider (garage or car dealer), you may be charged a fee. Transport accept no responsibility for any damage to the number plates incurred during the attaching process.
|Primary & Secondary Proof of Identity||Kb|
Screws are not supplied with plates issued by DoT.
Standard plates are made of aluminium and have the following dimensions:
- Motor vehicle plate 372 mm x 134 mm.
- Motorcycle plate 254 mm x 100 mm.
- Auxiliary plate 253 mm x 99 mm.
Optional plates are made of aluminium or acrylic and the sizes of the various plate series can be found by visiting PlatesWA, or on the first page of the Optional Plates Application Form.
If optional plates are ordered and the application approved, the plates will not be released until they can be affixed to a licensed vehicle.
You will need to organise the removal of the old plates and attach the new plates or arrange for them to be fitted by a car dealership or garage.
WA number plates are issued to identify licensed vehicles. If you are responsible for a vehicle, you must ensure that any plate or plates issued are kept rigidly fixed to the vehicle and displayed in line with the Road Traffic (Vehicles) Regulations 2014 (WA). WA number plates must not be used for decorative purposes or kept for sentimental reasons. If the plates are no longer in use, they must be returned to the DoT. Failure to do so, may lead to a penalty.
You will need to buy and affix an auxiliary plate if a bike rack or mobility device is attached to your vehicle and obstructs the view of your rear number plate. Refer to auxiliary plates.
If the existing vehicle number plates have been lost, stolen or damaged then standard replacement processes apply. Refer to Replace lost/stolen or damaged number plates.
|Optional plates/remake application form||Kb|